La fama - Fame

La fama. Muchos han escrito sobre la fama, y parece que cada vez más la gente quiere ser famosa. He leído en alguna parte que hoy en día en la escuela los niños, cuando el profesor pregunta que quiere ser de mayor, responde 'famoso'. Así que ser famoso ahora es una profesíon.

Fame. Many people have written about fame, and it seems as if more and more people want to be famous. I have read somewhere that nowadays at school children, when asked by the teacher what they want to be when they grow up, answer 'famous'. So, being famous is now a profession.

Hay algo que hago a veces con mis estudiantes relacionado con la fama. Es para animar la discusión en clase y consiste en simplemente preguntarles quien ha sido la persona más famosa que ha conocido en su vida (conocido o visto, claro). Normalmente provoca discusiones interesantes y muchas veces resulta que algunos de mis estudiantes ha conocido personas bastante famosas.

There's something I do occasionally with my students, related to fame. This is to stimulate conversation in class, and consists of simply asking them who has been the most famous person they have ever met (met, or seen, of course). Normally it leads to interesting discussions and many times I have found out that some of my students have met some quite famous people.

Una vez preguntando una alumna, me dijo que probablemente eran sus padres. Sus padres eran atletas de las Olypiadas, pero nunca hablaban mucho de esto con ella hasta el día cuando ella pregntó sobre las medallas que tenían en el salón. Y los padres le dijeron la historía. Otra vez, un estudiante me contó que había sido el numero uno de motos de España en los anos 60. Así que preguntar eso a veces es muy divertido.

Once, asking a student, she told me that it was probably her parents. Her parents were Olympic athletes, but they never talked much about this until the day that she asked about the medals that they had in the lounge. And her parents told her the story. Another time, a student told me that he had been the Spanish motorcycling champion in the 1960s. So, this is sometimes quite a fun thing to ask.

Obviamente, los estudiantes me preguntarían a mí, y tendría que decir que no conocía nadie muy importante o famous. Pero todo eso cambió hce un par de años, cuando tuve la oportunidad de enseñar inglés a una estudiante muy especial:

Obviously, the students would ask me, and I'd have to say that I didn't know anyone very important or famous. But all this changed a few years ago, when I had the opportunity of teaching English to a very special student:

Su nombre es Rosa y representaba España en el concurso de Eurovisión después de ganar el primer concurso 'Operación Triunfo'. Ella era mi estudiante durante un par de meses solo, después del circo mediatico y cuando estaba recuperandose de problemas con su voz. Era una experiencá interesante, y escribí notas después de cada clases para poder recordarlo. Si alguien está interesado, puedo compartirlo con vosotros aquí.

Her name is Rosa and she represented Spain in the Eurovision song contest after winning the first 'Pop Idol' competiton. She was my student only for a couple of months, after the media circus and when she was recovering from problems with her voice. It was an interesting experience, and I wrote notes after each class in order to record it. If anyone is interested, I can share them with you here.

« Home | Next »

4:21 p. m.

yo quiero saberlo todo.. jaja y de paso.. me podrias dar clases a mi?, futura cantante de super exito....besitos    



5:05 p. m.

Claro que sí Charito. Pues como eres mi unica lector de momento, te lo contaré todo.

¿Qué tipo de cantante eres? De jazz, rock, pop?    



11:07 p. m.

Hi, fellow guiri.
Welcome back. I'd wondered if you'd return...
Well, thanks for passing by. I'm skiving off my own bloggerial "obligations" lately, but once I get my act together and sort out my links, you're going on there.
By the way, I sing in the shower,(great acoustics in there), and do a mean rendition of Killing Me Softly, (which, believe me, can be VERY MEAN, after a night out drinking and smoking like fags are going out of fashion).
AAAAAaanyway.
Good to read ya.    



10:33 p. m.

Hi Maria. Actually, the last thing I needed to do was to start yet another blog - I have so many of them (especially as I blog with students) that I was reluctant to begin another, but then I decided that what was lacking in my life was a blog just for fun, and also, that if I expected students to blog in my language, then why shouldn't I blog in theirs. I'm hoping to attract some students here too, to get them hooked on the fact that they can read their teacher's writings in Spanish, and then hopefully they'll browse the English too.

Pedagogy aside, though, it's thanks to Luc that I decided to blog in Spanish, and then another impulse - I was recently interviewed by El Periodico for an article on blogging, and didn't have many Spanish blog links to give them. I thought I should be ashamed, living here and not forming part of the Spanish blogosphere. So that's the other reason why I'm blogging in Spanish.

Hey, I've just had a thought - make an audio recording of yourself singing and I'll put it on this log as a podcast (something I want to start doing here too).    



8:26 p. m.

Hola!!
Llegué a ti a traves de enlaces de otros blogs.
También vivo en Barcelona y soy Argentina.
De modo que fuiste tu quien le enseñó ingles? Es una chica muy simpatica!! pero me temo que el ingles no es su fuerte!!
Te digo que no quedas muy bien diciendo que fuiste tu quien le enseñó ingles!! (entiende la broma! no te ofendas!!)

Un saludito desde Sants.    



11:13 p. m.

Hola gi

Tienes rázon - no conseguí nada, y no es un buen anuncio si quiero otros estudiantes :)

Pero ella tiene potencia y muy buen oído. El problema era su falta de métodos para aprender (no es buen estudiante) y realmente no sabía casi nada de inglés. Voy a publicar más sobre este tema y sabrás lo poco que podía hacer. Para mí era una experiencía interesante, pero frustación total profesionalmente.    



» Publicar un comentario